Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tradition-- New or Old??

So the response card.

I love the little tiny beautiful cards and sending them to my guests and waiting for them to reply is something I'm embarrassingly excited for.

But

I can't help thinking of all the PAPER! I'm attached to a recycled paper product for the invites anyway, but to enclose three pieces of additional paper into an envelope with the invitation seems terribly wasteful. I am consequently wondering if I can tastefully add a line to the RSVP card about responding via email. Not that that *really* saves any paper because they will print envelopes with my parents address on them anyway, and I'd still have to include them in the invitation for those who will not RSVP online (older generation, firm traditionalists, hermits etc) but I would like to at least make the nod to those who would definitely prefer an online response and not include an envelope for them?

Anyone else worried about trees?

No comments:

Post a Comment